Saturday, January 30, 2010

RSS Feeds

Boy was Kiera right when she said to take a DEEEEEEEP breath for this one! I started at 8:45 and it is now 11:03. . . on a Saturday night. Yes, I know that is a sad thing. No life. . .
I have spent all of that time on the Bloglines site (yes, it is quite confusing to have the Bloglines site and the Blogspot, too- don't these geeks think of these things?) trying to add RSS feeds to my account. I was able to add 2 and see them on the left hand side, but everything else I saved seemed to be saving, but did not show up in the list. Where did they go? Oh, those tricky little buggers saved themselves to my browser bar under a little Favorites spot with a sneaky little star. Hummm, however did I find them? Why, I screamed and tore some hair out, of course, and they somehow appeared. Joy! And since I had so darn many of them- they kept vanishing so I kept on subscribing to additional ones- I didn't move them all to Bloglines. My favorite is Neil Gaiman's Journal. I love him, and his posts are wonderful. He had to put his cat to sleep not long ago, and had a long post on the process- I just went through that last year so I shed a tear or two. Ok, so I admit being glad I found that. Will I read all of these things daily? I doubt it. How could they be of use in the library- well, isn't information always of some use? But, at the same time, aren't we already bombarded with information? There are an awful lot of feeds and blogs on knitting- maybe we could have a library knitting club. Cooking, too, and crafts- fun stuff, for sure. But who has TIME?? The little video said how this was time saving, but if I wasn't going to look for this in the first place, how is bringing it to me saving me time? It is just one more thing in my "stuff I want to read" pile, but the pile has now migrated to a new place. Jeez. . . I am tired. I will post this and then try to figure out how to post my RSS feeds. You will like the Neil Gaiman one. The rest are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment